Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gotye and gluten

Some new additions to my growing pile of papercuttings.


Welcome to the world baby boy
{I'm still deciding whether or not I think the black is too harsh as a background. Opinions?}


Inspired by Gotye - one of my favourite live acts

If my future has you in it, I'm not afraid of the rest

There are a lot of people I think this about.

You're fucking wonderful.

You, me and a leaf

After a long week I've had a very relaxing weekend with my Dad coming to stay. I have to have some blood tests on Monday to re-assess my gluten allergy / intolerance. I've been almost entirely gluten free for 2 years now. By almost I mean I still use soy sauce, tomato sauce etc. Stuff that I know has gluten in it but in very small amounts and it makes life a lot easier if I don't need to cut them out.
After some recent changes I decided that I needed to get checked out again so blood tests Monday and then we'll go from there.

What that does mean though is that I've had to eat gluten all weekend to ensure the tests are accurate.
Hello pizza! Dad and I went to Beccofino Friday night for awesome pizza.
Saturday was a burger with Al and Zoe and French toast with Dad and Tom this morning.
It was fun to be able to have anything off the menu for once but honestly I can't say I miss burgers and bread. Good pizza on the other hand . . .



3 comments:

  1. how was the pie???? yum! glad you had a great weekend with dad. the new papercuts are just divine. i don't think you realise just how inspiring you are. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mixed spice cannister is more of a kitchen utensil holder than a spice jar! haha, your eyes do not deceive you. it'll be a cool cakestand base...so we'll see. it was a $1, who could resist? how was your day? xx

    ReplyDelete