Monday, March 14, 2011

Today is a good day




















Well really it wasn't. I had a long, stressful day but I got some good advice; went for a run; listened to the Beatles; spoke to my mum and a friend and I'm feeling good.

Plus there's two baby birds in a nest right outside my window and you can't be stressed for too long when there's baby birds around.

I only have two new additions to my papercutting pile to share. I've been spending a lot of time editing photos from an engagement party for two of my wonderful friends. I'll share them soon.
I found an old Brisbane CBD map in my collection of ephemera. Anyone got a favourite suburb they would like to see in an artwork?


Travelling and maps are a few of my favourite inspirations at the moment. Could be because I'm a little bit obsessive about it at the moment. I do have one more completed papercutting but I can't share it just yet.
I can however, share the card I made for Yash and Chris' engagement party. I took a little, very old book and ripped all the pages out. I then made a pop-up papercutting to go inside. I have more little books that I have put aside specifically for this purpose and am more than happy to take custom orders. I think it makes such a cute card for a special occasion.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your first paragraph. The Beatles and some exercise in the fresh air is probably the perfect antidote to stress. And those baby nests?! Life is good! Loving your new stuff and emailing you now with a Brissie request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find your email... I'm at raineandsage@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pop up! I'm doing ok...sort of :) see you at next rummage for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the map photoframes and the paper cut. did you get the rectangular frame at last rummage? i was selling some similar! love the ideas of using them for papercuts and other such fun displays. i'm definately looking out for more next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's hard to balance everything, the daily grind, the body, the mind, the soul and the creativity.

    You are so good at knowing when you need what.

    Glad you got some r&r in. love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nais!
    No, that one my mum found me at an op-shop I think! I lose track of where certain ones come from. I haven't bought any at rummage yet. I think I need to restrict myself for awhile and use up the big pile I have!
    Would love to see you at rummage next month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you've been having shorter, stress free days for the rest of this week. I do like your destressing strategies of running and music and loved ones!

    ReplyDelete