Sunday, January 9, 2011

No matter where we are




I promised a photo of the papercutting that I did for my mum for Christmas in a post last week. I took the train up to the Sunshine Coast Friday afternoon and spent the weekend with Mum and her husband so I took the chance to grab another photo.

My mum and I are very close and I find it very hard being away from her, (she spends half her life in Canada with her Canadian husband and the other half here) but we make it work by spending quality time together when we can and communicating a lot. I know when we go away later this year I will miss her a lot along with my dad and my brother (and so many other people).

We had such a nice weekend, I had two bubble baths, caught up with an old friend who I adore and had coffee and GF cake in Buderim with mum.

I managed to do some papercutting while I was there and I'll share those pieces soon (they are getting naughtier).
Mum and I went for a look in some shops and I saw a lace top that I really liked. Mum decided that she could make one for me so we went home, she pulled out an old lace tablecloth and she whipped me up a new top. She has so many talents.
Don decided on Saturday night to take us out to a SUPER fancy French restaurant. I had duck and creme brulee - this is why I NEED to go to France as part of our big trip. Most amazing food. The over the top, hilarious French chef and cute French waitress totally added to the night.

(wearing my new lace top)

While I was there I went through some old photos that Mum has of her side of the family. There are some amazing old photos and I photographed them (too lazy to make the scanner work) to share. I will upload soon. The ones from Papua New Guinea are especially awesome.

1 comment:

  1. what a gorgeous post. you delight me in so many ways. mama's papercut is divine, she'll treasure it always. your new lace top and the thought of bubblebathing in buderim is heaven...just perfect. you know how to inspire young lady. xx

    ReplyDelete